[Amps] door knob capacitors

Glen Zook gzook at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 11:46:45 PST 2011

The 1400 pf capacitor that I am using is over 2 inches in diameter and about 3/4ths inch thick!  I "hope" that it can "take" the current!  :>)

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

--- On Mon, 2/28/11, Bill, W6WRT <dezrat1242 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Depends on the doorknob. I have used Russian made doorknobs for years as tune padders on 160 with no problems. You want ones that are physically large and heavy, just like the Russkies make them. Lots available on eBay.

I agree that the little Centralab doorknobs that are about the size of a grape are no good for carrying lots of RF current. Let the Russians do the heavy lifting.  :-)