[Amps] door knob capacitors

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Sun Mar 6 15:04:49 PST 2011

Carl
Are you referring to Polyflon? They made a lot of metal-clad teflon and
mylar film blocking capacitors and bypass capacitors used in RCA tube
sockets.

I have had good luck with High Energy Corp making fine high current
ceramic capacitors for HF. In addition to the stock items, they made a
super-duper one for 3 MHz that could handle hundred amps, and hold off
18 kV of DC, for a special amplifier at the particle factory.

73
John
K5PRO