[Amps] doorknob cap suppliers ?

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 18 19:01:06 PDT 2011

Carl,

I hear what you are saying on higher voltage caps and yes it is cramped, I checked the available room
and there really isn't any room for adding much larger caps.
RF Parts has some ceramic doorknobs in stock that look suitable.  They are 2000pf at 7.5kv and they are about 7/8" in diameter. A pair of these conected in parallel would fit o.k.

No steel or stainless, I am thinking of using 3/8" wide copper strap for the doorknobs. I would love to find some
silver plated strap like the plate strap is,  but maybe getting too carried away.

Bob
K6UJ