[Amps] copper vs steel /SS /brass conductors in a HF tank circuit

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Wed Mar 23 09:10:59 PDT 2011

All stainless steels are ferrous and I would think that they'd thus all be subject to RF heating.

The 300 series alloys have, in general, a higher percentage of chromium and nickel and are not magnetic. Some of the 400 series alloys have nearly as much but are magnetic.  In either case, the Fe content is still around 70% or more.

Al
AB2ZY