[Amps] Homebrew is back..

Vic K2VCO vic at rakefet.com
Tue Mar 29 09:52:55 PDT 2011

I am presently running one graphite-plate (WWII vintage) 813 and one metal-plate RCA 813
in my class-C amplifier. I'm running them at about 2050v and 500 ma in CW service, and I
haven't noticed any color on the plate of the metal one. I get a solid 800w out on most
bands. I am planning to boost the primary voltage of the plate transformer.

I am presently looking for more NOS 813s.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA