[Amps] Homebrew is back..

Bill Fuqua wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:26:19 PDT 2011

    By the way. I do like old broadcast gear. But a beginner building from
scratch on a budget can get legal power limit using a linear amplifier and
low level modulation in a very compact package. That would only be about
750 or so watts plate input power. Not the classic way but should work well
within a budget.
    I used to have a old Phasatron 250 watt FM transmitter that
I sold a collector that really wanted it for a $1/lb. It had a pair of
4-250As in the final.

73
Bill wa4lav