[Amps] Drake L7 strange capacitors

Rick Stealey rstealey at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:10:45 PDT 2011

Could anyone explain the reason for the strange configuration of capacitors on the Drake L7?
They have what looks like printed circuit board material made into a capacitor.  They have one
across a portion of the RF choke, and one that appears to be a padding cap across the tuning
cap.  The latter one I can somewhat understand, but that one across the RF choke has me
puzzled.  I ask because on an L7 I looked at recently the one across the tuning cap was
clipped off.  A wild guess is that it has something to do with making the RF choke
functional on WARC bands????

Rick  K2XT