[Amps] Question: looking for a design for a simple test fixture for 4-125A

Robert Groh rgroh at swbell.net
Wed May 11 19:33:07 PDT 2011

Good evening all. Yeah, I know a 4-125A is too small but I've got three of them
and a hankering to see them glow.  And to make things worse (?), I found a (NOS)
socket for them. So what's a ham to do?  I want to see about building a simple
'test fixture' for the tubes so I can check them out. I'm going to have to
scrounge like h*** to find what I need (since I sold all the HP pieces I had)
but, at a minimum, I just would love to find out if these tubes will work and
pull current and handle some voltage.

So all ideas would be most gratefully received.

73
Bob, WA2CKY