[Amps] 4CX1000 value?

Roger (sub1) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Mon May 16 10:49:14 PDT 2011

On 5/16/2011 4:19 AM, hs0zed at csloxinfo.com wrote:
> Oh, $2400! That sounds a lot, Is the 8295A a special replacement for the
> 4CX1000? I'd like to get a fair estimate as I have been offered a new sealed in
> the bag Eimac one and want to offer a fair price.

No, it's a Pentode no longer made. I used the large difference between
what the tested and guaranteed versions sell for and one that is
untested. Unfortunately I worded it poorly.   You can purchase good
pulls for a $100 or so but no guarantee.  The 8295A brings some pretty
good prices on e-bay, but you never know for sure what you are getting.

There's a site that lists the high, low, and average prices that ham
gear (and tubes IIRC) has been going for on e-bay.  Unfortunately I
don't remember the URL.

73

Roger (K8RI)