[Amps] 4-1000A color

Jan Erik Holm sm2ekm at telia.com
Fri May 27 23:00:43 PDT 2011

The first 4-1000A amp I built (1973 I think it was) "almost" ran
those numbers, no problem with the tube, the glow was more white
then red. Later I converted it to 2 x 4-1000A and 3-phase power
supply, oh well those where the days. It wasn´t legal but it was
fun and interesting.
Prior to the 4-1000A I ran 2 x 813´s at about 1000W output and
also did glow nice, no problem with those either.

Sure miss those 4-1000A´s, they sure did glow nice.

73 Jim SM2EKM