[Amps] What type of amplifier is best

Al Kozakiewicz akozak at hourglass.com
Mon Nov 14 07:23:17 PST 2011

I have a 998 that I use with a G5RV at home, which is basically a temporary QTH until we sell the house.  The good stuff is at the lake house.

I can tell you that I have smoked the OEM bypass capacitors that are across the outputs of that tuner on multiple occasions with a mere 500W out.  Probably from trying to load the G5RV at the low end of the 10M band.

If/when I ever hook that thing up to my AL-1500, I'm going to be damn sure that any antenna connected to it is at least in the ballpark resonance-wise.

Al
AB2ZY