[Amps] MOX resistors

John G3UUT amps at grebe.plus.com
Sat Nov 19 10:46:11 PST 2011

John,

I bought some 100 K 3W 5% (Vishay PR03 series) from RS components
recently RS part no  683-5922.   I had hoped that a series of resistors
next to each other on a bandoleer would be close in value, most were but
there were a significant number that were quite close to the tolerance
limits.  As the resistor values determine the voltage across the
capacitor you can have some caps with a significantly higher voltage
than the others.

There was a thread on here about this problem no so long ago and the
conclusion seemed to be to use Vishay CPF3 series resistors from Mouser
which are now available in the UK - see recent posts.  Looking at their
website they have 100 K 1% parts
CPF3100K00FKE14 and also 0.1% CPF3100K00BHB14 which are similar price.
These resistors are more expensive than the RS components 5% ones but it
means you are not going to have to order twice as many as you need in
order to get them all within say a 2% band.

73 John G3UUT