[Amps] Sweep Tube Amps

David C. Hallam dhallam at knology.net
Tue Nov 22 14:25:25 PST 2011

First of all, don't tell me to get a real amplifier.  I have other
"real" amps.

My question is: 3 sweep tube types are stated to be equivalent, 6JE6,
6LQ6, and 6ML6.  Are they really interchangeable in a set, i.e., can I
mix the 3 types in a set of 6?  The amp has no way to equalize the idle
current.

I have built multi tube amps before, 4CX300A, but included separate bias
adjustment pots for each tube.  I have no intention of building a sweep
tube amp.

David
KW4DH

--
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of

"We may consider each generation as a distinct nation, with a right, by
the will of its majority, to bind themselves, but none to bind the
succeeding generation, more than the inhabitants of another country."
Thomas Jefferson