[Amps] Arcing 8877

Rick Stealey rstealey at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 17:32:23 PST 2011

Les, Is there anything in the tank circuit that could be breaking down?
And do you have big diodes from B- to chassis at the power supply.  My understanding is the purpose of them is to prevent damage to your meters in the case of a Plate (or B+) to chassis short.  You should also have a 20-50 ohm resistor for fault current limiting in the B+ lead, right at the filter caps.  With these items, a fault is not supposed to take out the metering, just blow the primary fuse (till you find where the fault is occurring).
I say this, because I have recently had similar things happening to me..........

Rick  K2XT