[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 105, Issue 4

Dave Baxter dave at uk-ar.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 02:25:55 PDT 2011

At a guess, all the "action" will be compressed into the first 30% of
the scale.

Any error, will I think depend on the difference in coil resistance of
the meters, as presented to the slug.

You could "process" the DC signal with an opamp or two, to make the slug
"think it's seeing" a 30uA meter, while amplifying the signal to drive a
100uA (or other) meter to full scale.  But, you'll need to re-scale the
meter of course..

Look up "Meter Basic" http://www.tonnesoftware.com/meter2.html if you
ever need to do that.

Actually, I think it's the paid "Meter" program you need (same link) as
a non linear scale is needed AFIK for simple things like Bird slug based
power meters..   Or linearise the slug power/DC curve with the
electronics to drive the meter.

Unless anyone knows of another tool that can be use.

73.

Dave G0WBX.