[Amps] Getters

John Lyles jtml at losalamos.com
Wed Sep 14 07:18:09 PDT 2011

Good enough. I did have a 3-500Z switch tube in my 314R1 broadcast transmitter go bright yellow on the plate when the clamp diode was shorted across it. The plate overload saved it but for a moment it was quite bright. There was blue fluorescence on the glass.
I suspect that the plate outgassed a little, as it was 'processed' higher temperature in situ than Eimac likely did. It survived this test OK!
K5PRO