[Amps] RF on audio using 374A

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Wed Sep 14 11:00:08 PDT 2011

Sorry but I put most so called Pin 1 problems in the same category as
mysterious parasitics requiring nichrome to cure.

RF on the coax outer shield caused problems as far back as vacuum tube days
and the ferrite has worked ever since its use was discovered as the first
and usually the only step needed.

Ive yet to even bother to look for a Pin 1 problem as RF in the house simply
does not exist to a level to cause a problem with radio, computer or audio
equipment. IMO Pin 1 is overblown (as are parasitics by another individual)
and I would expect any of the radio manufacturers to already be aware of it.

Carl
KM1H