[Amps] Alpha 78 won't turn off

Sam Carpenter sam at owenscommunication.com
Thu Sep 22 13:31:08 PDT 2011

This may not be one of them, but some amps and relay/LC based tuners
"Exercise" their relays from time to time, even when turned of. It tends to
make the not so often used ones stay motive and contacts cleaner by not
letting dust build up on them. As I recall, the solid state Yaesu amp is one
of them that does. It may be worth calling. If it bothers you, they may be
able to "write it out" of your firmware.

Sam