[Amps] RF in the Audio

Roger (sub1) sub1 at rogerhalstead.com
Sun Sep 25 02:19:44 PDT 2011

On 9/25/2011 2:15 AM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> Roger, you better keep your head down.  I'm not sure who it will be (the G5RV crowd or the "open wire is perfect" crowd), but the
> chances of you meeting a bad ending from this statement is high!  You are talking about the sacred cows here.  ha ha.

Yup, it's the way I've seen it work out time and again. As I said,
sometimes it works fine and other times it doesn't.
Certainly it's low loss, but there's a reason we put a twist in window
and twin lead and there's a reason we put it on stand offs to keep it
away from metallic objects. <:-)) Also the wider the spacing the more
sensitive it is to nearby objects.

73

Roger (K8RI)