[Amps] WTB Supplemental Question: E.F. Johnson socket #124-311-100for Commander II amp (early Stein model)

jeryb77 jeryb77 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:19:50 PDT 2012

Mike,

They are indeed separate parts.

What you are describing is the grid collet which is normally used in VHF and
UHF amps.

Eimac P/N 720359 (although I have also seen another listed as Eimac P/N
882931)

Johnson might have made one also but I do not know under what part #.

They were also used with the 3CX400A7/8874

It is a round flat silver plated disc with fingerstock soldered to it. The
socket is on the bottom of the chassis, and the collet on the top of the
chassis, using the same screws that went through the socket.

Most VHFer's build their own as they always seemed to be hard to find and
expensive.

Jerry
WA8R