[Amps] caps..

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Fri Apr 13 15:45:54 PDT 2012

You wont see any difference key down. The difference, if any, will be
regulation and a slightly higher PEP on SSB.
If the transformer isnt heating excessively you are OK.

Its the amps with the barely adequate transformer that are in danger.

There is also a much higher power-on current so consider a step-start and
the stored energy in case of a tube arc/short is much larger and there Id
suggest a minimum of a 25 Ohm 50W glitch resistor and preferably 50 Ohms.

Carl
KM1H