[Amps] Care of tubes in storage??

Andy GD0TEP andy at gd0tep.com
Wed Apr 18 10:29:14 PDT 2012

Hello to the group..

What is the best way to store spare tubes?

I have a couple of brand new, boxed, 3cpx800 tubes, I acquired them a couple
of years back as spares while the price and availability was good.

Will they be OK to simply leave on the shelf, and when I need them follow
some sort of procedure for using a new tube, or is it advisable to perhaps
fit them and use them for a short while before returning them to the shelf??

Also, I have a couple of relatively 'low use' pulled YC156 tubes, the same
question for these??

Any advice appreciated...

73

Andy