[Amps] Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?

Joe Giacobello, K2XX k2xx at swva.net
Fri Apr 27 08:55:30 PDT 2012

I've not seen it switch to MID for no reason.  However, the key down
time at 1500W output can be quite short before it switches to MID.

I was checking the power drift issue last night on 80M with a dummy
load.  My comments regarding the power drop-off at 1500W in the MAX mode
were based on casual observation of the power output as shown on the
amp's power meter readout.  Using the LP-100A on the dummy load, I
observed little, if any, drop-off while sending a series of V's.

I'll try to check more thoroughly on all bands today.

73, Joe