[Amps] SPICE models for tubes with handles

Alan Ibbetson alan at g3xaq.net
Sun Apr 29 05:51:12 PDT 2012

What's the collective opinion on here about the usefulness or otherwise
of simulating valve RF linear amplifiers with the likes of SPICE? The
specific application I'm thinking about is an 8171 model for use with
LTspice, but more general comments would be welcome.

I'm finding three-halves interpolation of screen volts in between the
three published values on the data sheet curves inconvenient (and error
prone), and the graphical Eimac Tube Performance Computer looks archaic.
The simulation approach that is common with semiconductor circuits looks
like a nifty solution to my laziness.

73, Alan G3XAQ
--

Alan Ibbetson