[Amps] Dishtronixs DX2400L1

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Sun Apr 29 18:31:14 PDT 2012

My LK-500ZC did those numbers in one contest weekend and did it for 10+
years SSB/CW, ARRL/CQ, DX/WPX, plus heavy DXing on a regular basis. For the
next 14 years it wasnt used much since I lost interest in contesting and DX
got boring so it was used only for a new one and some ragchews and a lot as
an AM linear.

It still has the original 1986 Eimac 3-500Z's likely since it was
deliberately drive limited to 1200W PEP

I also have a MLA-2500 with original tubes as well as a 76PA at the 2nd
station and neither showing any sign of weakness. They run at 1000 and
1200W.

All run into fairly high VSWR on some bands and I dont own a tuner, I
modified the amps instead.

When SS becomes that reliable and versatile I might get interested but since
I have spare tubes for all I might reach room temperature first.

Carl
KM1H