[Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State (was) Expert Amps2K-FA:AnyOpinions?

W2XJ w2xj at nyc.rr.com
Mon Apr 30 15:15:45 PDT 2012

I saw a paper on liquid cooled SS TXs at the 2011 NAB. Usually liquids
other than water are used.

  On 4/30/12 2:45 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote: >

  On 4/30/2012 12:46 PM, Paul Christensen wrote: > > Or...vapor-phase
cooling of a heatsink? > >

  I doubt that ... the solid state devices would not appreciate the die
 > temperatures with vapor phase cooling. However, a small radiator and
 > closed water system would work very well. With a suitable pump the >
radiator/reservoir/fan could be located outside or in another room for >
essentially zero noise.