[Amps] 3CX1500A vs el cheapo GS-35B

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 13:04:35 PDT 2012

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 14:10:57 -0400, Randy wrote:

>The timed replacement is to prevent downtime not to waste
money just because someone else is paying the bill.   Its purpose is to save big
money.  Think about it.  At $2000 a study, 3 per hour (or more) and an average
12 hour working day = $72,000 per day gross lost if the MRI is down not to
mention the separate loss to the Radiologist who are not making money since
there are no MRI studies to read.  Radiologists get incensed (in about 1 micro
second) if you mess with their income.  I know this from personal experience.
Don't forget the patient who now has to reschedule their appointment.  The
manufacturer knows where on the tubes failure rate curve that the sweet spot
between replacement cost and downtime exists.  I have worked with Radiology
techs on equipment before and no one wants to hear that any modality is
non-functional if it can be prevented.

>Randy E. Randall AB9GO
>Network Engineer
>UC Health
>Randy.Randall at UCHealth.com
>Phone 513-585-7146
>Fax 513-585-7159

REPLY:
Everything you say confirms what I said. Everyone - not just the MRI makers -
could not care less about cost when either insurance or the gummint is paying.

If the MRI makers wanted to, they could make a quick-change module that anyone
could swap in about two minutes when the red light comes on. They're not
interested.

And that's only the beginning. It's just not a priority when money flows like
water.

73, Bill W6WRT