[Amps] 4CX1500B project - swamped grid

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer2 at q.com
Fri Aug 10 08:48:58 PDT 2012

Thought he was talking about no grid current - but even with grid current
what other sort of input network would be any better over the swing with
regard to match? I would think , without doing the detailed calcs , that 50
ohm shunt is pretty well gonna hide any change in grid input impedance as
far as match over the cycle is concerned. One EIMAC $CX1500B data sheet I
saw suggests 1000 ohms swamping if gonna run into grid current so 50 ohms
should surely eliminate that issue ????

73 Hank K7HP