[Amps] ALC Overshoot FTDX-5000

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Aug 13 19:45:21 PDT 2012

 > But It measures a single dit at 60 WPM CW just fine.

Not probative - a single dit at 60 WPM is 24 msec.  "PARIS" is 42 bit
(dot) periods ... 1/42 => 24 ms.

Now, if you tell me the Powermaster can measure a single dit at 600
WPM, I will accept it as a reasonable measurement of "overshoot".
Otherwise, the measurement is simply the average power over the dit
period and a 15% "overshoot" could indicate 100-150% real overshoot
for 2 ms out of a 25 ms period.

I'm not saying that's the case, simply that Powermaster is not a valid
tool on which to base the claim of "no overshoot".

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV