[Amps] 432 SS amp

Larry larry at w7iuv.com
Wed Aug 15 11:40:36 PDT 2012

My big 432 amp needs more drive than the exciter can produce. An IPA of
100 watts output or so would fix the problem but I have been unable to
find what I need to build one (that I like).

In the past, I used tubes or BJT's for this but with the success of my
FET amps for 144 and 1296, I would like to use a FET for this project.

Since I have a MRF176GU on hand, I would like to obtain a PCB or at
least 1:1 artwork for a PCB that would work with this device.

Although it's pretty pricey, a MRFE6VP100H would also be acceptable if I
could find artwork or PCB for it.

Any leads on a board for either of these devices would be appreciated.

Thanks & 73,

Larry - W7IUV