[Amps] Available Class A in Yaesu

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Sat Aug 18 05:44:14 PDT 2012

I don't know. You tell me.

I just know that if you run the Mark V at less than 75 Watts (full
power) out in Class A, things get really really hot and things let out
all their smoke and things don't work any more.

The technicalities of how or why that happens elude me and don't really
interest me.

Running my Mark V at 10 Watts out in Class A into an amplifier resulted
in the destruction of the output transistors. Many other owners have
reported the same thing. Since the event, I have not done it again and
the radio lives happily ever after.

Cheers,
Alek.

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk