[Amps] $120 tube running a 1500 watt amplifier

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Mon Aug 20 04:45:15 PDT 2012

Nonsense.

That the GS-23B sells on Ebay for 120US$ does not mean that it costs that
price if bought new from the factory.
An even cheaper tetrode tube at the same power level is the GU43B.

Reason you find them cheap is that they were used in military equipment all
over the eastern countries and that the equipment is obsolete now.

If 3CX1200 tubes were used the same way you certainly will get them surplus
at the price of 813s.

I converted AL1200 amps to GS35 when they were available at 40US$ NOS.

73
Peter, DJ7WW