[Amps] how much work to change out 3CPX800A7s with GS-31B?

chas chasm at texas.net
Wed Aug 22 01:07:25 EDT 2012

On 8/21/12 3:59 PM, Hal W5GHZ wrote:
> These are two different animals.  It appears that it would be a major
> rebuild.  Just from looking at the GS-31b tube, I don't think I would
> attempt the project unless you are into pain.  If you and Alex take on the
> daunting task, let us know how it turns out and if you would ever do it
> again.  The 3CPX800A7 has an eleven pin base.
>
> Hal - W5GHZ

Hal, I think you and Peter and a couple of others who have pitched in, are
right.  best to just save and buy a backup pair of 3CPX800s and save myself a
LOT of grief.  Don't have time for it right now anyway.  hope to see you at
the State Meet - been awhile.

73 es tnx
chas  k5dam

--

 PLEASE REMEMBER TO DELETE HEADERS!

If you forward this e-mail, please delete the forwarding history, which
includes my email address.
It is a courtesy to me and to others who do not wish to have their e-mail
addresses sent all over the world.
If you are including me in a multi-address email, please use the Bcc feature.
Thanks

CHAS