[Amps] Multiple Amplifier Switching Box

Mark Robinson markrob at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 22 18:43:32 EDT 2012

I am planning on building a switching box, so that my hf transceiver can
drive one of three linear amplifiers. I have some Omron 24V contactors
MP2-24VDC. These are rated at 25A resistive 277 VAC. They have a coil
operated shorting bar that closes across 2 contacts, so I guess they are
contactors. Will these be OK to switch the inputs to the linears, the PTT
line and the outputs of each amplifier to the antenna. Since each contactor
has 2 sets of contacts separated by the coil, I figure that I wil need six
of them in my box.

I have heard that Teflon 50 ohm coax is good to use for the internal hookup
within the box that I am building. Is this a good idea and does anyone know
of a good source for 50 ohm Teflon coax.

73 Mark N1UK