[Amps] Can some explain this curious eBay auction

David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sun Aug 26 07:17:37 EDT 2012

On 26 August 2012 10:23, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri at rogerhalstead.com> wrote:
> On 8/26/2012 5:15 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

>> I did notice a number of different bidders had private feedback. It could be
>> they were set up, and rather than revel their real feedback (of zero), it was
>> kept private, so nobody could see.
>>

> Or the shill, working for the seller, runs the bid up, backs out after
> so the sucker gets the bid.
>
> 73
>
> Roger (K8RI)

There are at least two bidders with private feedback. So really, that
could push the price to any amount they want.

It woud be intersting to know whether this seller often has bidders
with private feedback. I've sold a few items on eBay, and never had
one. The fact he has at least two on one auction is suspicious. If he
gets lot of auctions private feedback bidders, then I would be very
suspicious.