[Amps] Alpha 78

Carol Richards n2mm at comcast.net
Sun Aug 26 13:31:45 EDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question. When the 78 was converted over to 3CX800A's, the caps were replaced. Judging from the weight of the transformer it is  an EI version. The consensus seems to be to run it at reduced power and put a muffin fan  to add air cooling.  I made the decision to run it abot 700 watts  (50% of normal output).  RTTY is a whole new ball game for me. After 52+ years of only CW and SSB, I must learn how to type...  Next summer's project.

Carol