[Amps] Vacuum Relay

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 15:25:18 EST 2012

I can't suggest a different relay, but I think you should check that there is enough time
between the key out circuit closing from your transceiver and the start of RF, as well as
making sure that the key out does not open before RF ends. The initial delay should be at
least 5 ms. in order to be safe.  Relays should last for years, unless they are being
damaged by hot switching.

On 12/6/2012 5:27 PM, Carol Richards wrote:
> It looks like I fried another vacuum relay in my Alpha 78 operating it in qsk mode. It is either an HC or RJ type. Can anyone recommend a more sturdy vacuum relay for this amp and where I might get one?
>

> Carol

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/