[Amps] Vacuum Relay

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Dec 7 16:00:18 EST 2012

On 12/6/2012 5:27 PM, Carol Richards wrote:
>   more sturdy vacuum relay

More sturdy than what?

Alpha told me they had been using Gigavac lately and like them. I've
been using them for 4-5 years. I no longer use QSK, because I got tired
of replacing them every few years (I do a lot of contesting, so lots of
cycles). It was also a PITA to have one fail in the middle of a contest.
But I got tired of it before I started using the Gigavacs, so don't
blame them. :)  I don't remember the last time I replaced a relay, but
probably at least three years.

73, Jim K9YC