[Amps] Most power ever run on amateur radio :-)

Vic K2VCO k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 12:10:40 EST 2012

A friend of mine, now dead, who worked for the Israel Broadcasting Authority told me that
he once put one of their transmitters on 40 meters at 10 kW. The antenna was one used for
SWBC and aimed at the US. He said that the guys he worked simply didn't believe that he
was where he said he was.

On 12/17/2012 2:42 PM, jordan moser wrote:
> Does anyone know what the record is for the most watts ever run on amateur radio?
> Transmitted watts, not ERP. Just curious about the number. No callsigns needed. Thanks. ~Jordan WJ2W

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/