[Amps] hf-2500

Larry Benko xxw0qe at comcast.net
Sun Dec 23 13:08:29 EST 2012

Gary,

Nothing is black and white!  Just because someone says something there
is always more to the story.  Air (u=1) definitely has considerable flux
leakage.  Obviously as the permeability goes up so does the coupling.
It is clear to me that the line between lots of flux leakage (u=1) and
virtually none (u=100s) there is a gradual increase in coupling.  For
u=6 or u=10 shorted turns are not a clear NO but a qualified
no/yes/maybe.  I saw a slight increase in heating with shorted turns but
not a catastrophic  increase.  A good designer would take this into
consideration.

73,
Larry, W0QE