[Amps] Panel Lettering

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Mon Dec 31 12:13:17 EST 2012

In place of dry transfer letters, I started using a Brother P-Touch
PT-2430PC printer.  Black on clear matte finish can be purchased in various
tape widths.  There's no special software loaded on the PC.  It's easy to
change font, point size, and effects.  The clear tape blends in nicely with
the background so only a tiny bit of tape evidence is seen.  See the photo
in the link below for an example.

http://tinyurl.com/bax28r9

For more serious projects, I've started using Front Panel Express Software
to make panels like the one shown in the link below.  This panel is
anodized, engraved, and filled.  The final design file is uploaded to the
vendor and about a week later, the panel shows up at your door.

http://tinyurl.com/bf39dmq

Paul, W9AC