[Amps] 3-500z amp homebrew question

Fuqua, Bill L wlfuqu00 at uky.edu
Sun Feb 12 13:13:12 PST 2012

THis choke is to resolve several problems.
One that is often forgtten is that many antennas don't have a DC path to ground.
Due to that a static charge can begin to build up ( even if the coupling capacitors are perfect) and
a DC bias is developed on the output capacitor which effectively reduces the peak RF voltage that
it can handle, thus causing an arc when transmitting.
73
Bill wa4lav