[Amps] 9500 Mostly Running Again - Sort Of

David Jordan wa3gin at comcast.net
Fri Feb 17 18:18:40 PST 2012

With a great assist from Molly at RF Concepts we got the correct HEX files loaded into the 9500.  It came back to life.  Even works with the collocated server a la PC control.  Its a clunky dash board but a hopped up new release is promised; soon I hope.

The down side is there was no joy when the server was accessed via the Internet.  All the programs running with dash boards on the screen are fully operational via the Internet... rotor control, antena relays, Kenwood, SKYPE, MSWord, etc. using LOGMEIN, VNC Tight or UltraVNC but that ALPHA 9500 dash board will not play, it doesn't display anything, won't accept button clicks, it just sits there, geez. So, no QRO for the >99% Internet Remote station till it gets figured out.  Oh, I miss my 87A ;-(  Molly was able to control the 9500 remotely using WEBX.  I wonder what the difference might be between the screen scrapers and WEBX?

Thoughts Welcomw,

73,
Dave
wa3gin