[Amps] URGENT - suggested prices for 4CX5000A , SK-300 in Europe?

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Tue Feb 21 13:52:03 PST 2012

On 2/21/2012 4:26 PM, Ian White GM3SEK wrote:
> I am arranging a SK sale of various QRO parts. A buyer who had called to
> collect an amplifier has noticed some 4CX5000A tubes and an SK-300
> socket.
I would *guess* (I've not use any 4CX5000s but based on other tubes that
are roughly in the same power range) used and in good shape with full
emission would be some where between $300 and $400 USD each.

Possibly there is some one on here who is more familiar with them, but
most go for the high power triodes.
I hope you find some one a bit more knowledgeable about that tube.

There are two SK300 sockets (that's the ones with the screen bypass
caps) on e-bay at present with a buy it now price of $395 USD each,
however they do have "make an offer" enabled

I've picked up some good, tested 4CX3000's in the $300 range including
one fresh rebuilt, but the sockets for those are normally almost out of
sight which probably keeps the price of the tubes down.

73 and good luck,

Roger (K8RI)