[Amps] Intermittent AL-811H SWR problem

Jack Berry jlberry at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 19:14:45 PST 2012

Sorry Colin, I did mean <60 watts, not amps.
It's the radio that is seeing the intermittent SWR, not the amp. With the amp
totally pulled out of chain, the SteppIR never presents more that 2:1 for the
most part.

I have checked the SO-239 for bad joints, and have replaced the jumper between
the radio and amp with new coax and connectors. That hasn't eliminated the
problem either.
I do notice that the problem doesn't come up on a cold amp but seems to
eventually happen once the amp is in operation for a few minutes (10 or more).

Thanks for the response. Hope this offers a clue or two.

73,
Jack - WE5ST

Message: 5