[Amps] 15 uh chokes

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 8 19:00:01 PST 2012

Hi all,

Alpha shows 15uh chokes in several places in the 78 and after the plate choke in the 76.

The choke in my 76 is about 1/4" dia and 3/8"long and has at most 30 turns. It appears to be a simple phenolic form and calc'ing it I don't see where it could be more than 3 uh. The 78 also has one in the relay closure sensing line. The parts list indicates 15uh at 1 amp.

It almost seems like they should be 1.5 uh at this physical size.  Other Alpha schematics show 15 uh chokes too.

Any thoughts?

Rick, N6PE