[Amps] 87a cured

Hal W5GHZ w5ghz at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 17 07:02:27 PST 2012

It is never a good thing to leave electronic equipment in hot, humid conditions.  Even those new fancy and expensive rigs hate those conditions.  The humidity can be absorbed into the pc board and cause sensitive circuits to malfunction.  Most IC's have a temperature and humidity range that they will operate reliably within.  We have left the days of those old tube radios that would drive out humidity with the heat they generated, but we still had to contend with electrolytics drying out as now.

I used to write test software for IC's before I retired.  We tested all of the IC's used in our production plant and did it in a temperature and humidity controlled environment.  Most of the pieces of equipment we use today have a highly rated pedigree.  We should treat it accordingly.

W5GHZ