[Amps] 432 MHz stripline

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Mon Jan 23 18:30:37 PST 2012

Hi gang,
A few weeks ago I asked the group about modification to my 8874 stripline 432 MHz amplifier to replace it with a 3cx800.

Well I made the modifications and extended just the very back portion of the stirpline.  I couldn't get the amplifier to tune up.  Grid and plate current were well within spec, but i would not output much more than 50 watts.

It was mentioned to use a gdo or antenna analyzer to tune the stripline.  I'm wondering what the procedure for that might be?  How would I couple the gdo or antenna analyzer to the stripline?  With or without the tube installed?  Power on/off?

Thanks,
Paul
kg7hf