[Amps] 8877 Plate Voltage

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Jul 2 19:03:42 PDT 2012

Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 15:20:04 -0400
From: Steve Bookout <steve at dx4win.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 Plate Voltage

I second that!

I've been running one @4200, or so, since '85 with no issues.

22 watts in gives me 1500 out. A 3 db pad sure would make it less touchy, when tuning.

##  22 in and 1500w out = 18.34 db gain.   Use a parasitic suppressor..and a glitch R. .

73 de Steve, NR4M

##  I thought the 8877  required more drive than that...like 60w.
I heard  that once the B+  gets up above 3900....that the gain of the tube increases  a whole bunch.
Plan B is to use a pair of tubes..and run em at 3-5 kw pep out.

##  IF a pad is used,  insert it inside the RF deck... just prior to the tuned input.    Then the pad is
not in the circuit on RX.

Jim  VE7RF