[Amps] 3CX400U7 in Alpha Linear?

Carl km1h at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Jul 3 06:17:19 PDT 2012

The 8874 cooler is 1.625" diameter and the 3CX400U7/8961 is 2.0625" which is
the same cooler used on the 8930 tetrode. Those are measurements I just
made, I use the 8930 in a AM-6155 432 amp.

At the much higher HF efficiency (only ~ 40% at 900 MHz) it should run quite
cool, even in high duty cycle modes as compared to the 8874.

Carl
KM1H